Tuesday 7 July 2020

Labour threaten to expel woman for defending women's rights and fighting antisemitism

















Caroline Watson a member of Hexham Constituency Labour Party and a trade union rep in PCS Union has received a letter threatening expulsion for daring to speak out for women's sex-based rights and standing against antisemitism.
------------------------------------

The Labour Party is attempting to expel me for my opposition to anti semitism and ‘gender’ ideology. This is my response.

Don’t bother to argue with me. If you don’t like my views, and can’t cope with them differing from yours, please just go away.

‘I do not intend to complete your form, or to justify my beliefs to you.

I shall continue to hold them and to express them as I choose.

The ridiculous obsession with Palestine goes hand in hand with the antisemitism for which the Labour Party has been investigated by the EHCR. I look forward to the report. ‘Palestine’ is not a constituted state, so my statement is factually correct.

I am a gender critical feminist and do not recognise ‘gender identity’ or ‘transgenderism’ as concepts. Mammals cannot change sex and humans are mammals. A female human has more in common with a female bovine (ie a cow) than she does with a male human. Having worked with livestock for most of my life, I am not going to pretend that is not the case.

‘Transgenderism’ and, in particular, the desire to reform the GRA, and the Equality Act so that biological sex is not recognised, and has no status in law, is literally and absolutely a threat to womanhood and to the right of women (ie human females) to organise as a sex class and defend their rights to female-only spaces. I consider that the GRA, and the legal fiction that ‘gender’ is anything other than a linguistic concept and an oppressive social construct, should be abolished in its entirety. No one has to conform to stereotypes, but no one can change sex. I shall continue to believe that and to make my views known. I shall not be intimidated.

Do as you will but, be assured, your attempts to intimidate me will also be publicised widely and have already been referred to Women’s Place UK.
















I left the Labour Party, after many years, including six as a councillor, because I did not support Jeremy Corbyn and was appalled at the antisemitism (my grandmother was of Jewish origin) and the misogyny infecting the party. I rejoined solely to vote for Keir Starmer as leader. I would like to continue to support him and those around him who, I believe, are the best people to restore public faith in the Labour Party and enable it to do the job for which it was created; to represent working people in Britain, to be elected, and to form a government which would put working people in Britain first.

Most working people in Britain have no interest whatsoever in ‘Palestine’, nor do they believe that human beings can change sex. A Labour Party which expects the electorate to prioritise those things over the economic well-being of people in Britain has no chance of being elected and does not deserve to be. That is also a view that I shall continue to publicly express. I believe that attempts to expel people who hold pro Israel, or gender critical views are part of the Left’s attempts to undermine Keir and to rid the party of people who support him. That is also a view that I intend to share widely.

Copies of this correspondence will be sent to both the Leader and the General Secretary of the Labour Party.’

2 comments:

  1. Comments on this blog are moderated. If you wish to post an insult please be brave enough to do so under your real (and verifiable) name then I'll publish it. Anonymous abuse is simply cowardly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!!! If Labour continues under Starmer to allow the Corbynistas to set the party's agenda on 'gender', Israel (and now 'white privilege) it will also continue its retreat into its middle class, politically correct bubble.

    ReplyDelete