Monday 27 April 2020

Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs – Viscerals


























I recently started subscribing to the Rough Trade newsletter  on email which gives plenty of info about up and coming or at least "alternative bands, some good and some... well not to my taste. Amongst their offerings a while back was a piece and video for Newcastle based Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs which besides ranking amongst the oddest names I've seen for a band in a while. They also had a very good if disturbing video. Wallace and Gromit this is not.

The album arrived this morning along with an unexpected Ltd Edition freebie of a CD with live tracks from their past performances (Exclusive to Rough Trade Shops). I'm sitting here listening to the main album as I type and there is a hint of Hawkwind & Heavy Metal amongst their influences.

It's certainly heavy and I rather like it even though they will never have mainstream appeal their material is something different and well worth the price of entry.

Available from: www.roughtrade.com




Official Website: www.pigsx7.com

No comments:

Post a Comment