Sunday 21 June 2020

Returning to the fray!

A week is becoming a long time in politics as the world wakes up out of the lock-down.  It's also been a week since I blogged about anything. Retirement it seems agrees with me but I cannot let the world pass by without comment so will start posting once again though it won't be all politics.

The Black Lives Matter movement has come to the fore and with it many broadcasters and other organisations have panicked and begun looking at frankly issues that really do distract from the real issues that BAME folk face. I may have have criticisms of the BLM itself which I will tackle in due course but the attempt to decry Rugby supporters from singing this song is patently ridiculous.

And frankly like the nonsense over Fawlty Towers will simply backfire.

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot is a wonderful song which has been covered by so many artists over the years. This one by Ella Eyre seems to be the most recent.

No comments:

Post a Comment