Saturday 17 August 2019

New Music: Baby Metal & Hawkwind


























It's the weekend not that I'd notice except the missus isn't at work. When you're retired time seems to pass differently. There's no weekends, Bank Holidays just plenty of time to fill. One of the things I've been doing is going through my music collection sadly the vinyl part depleted by theft but enough of the old seventies stuff replaced with CD's.

Then there's new music to explore. Using You Tube I've extended my musical interests abroad and Japanese all-girl/rock bands have become a regular favourite. I have a number of CD's (and one 12" EP) coutesy of JPU Records who distribute some Japanese bands in the UK.

One of the groups I've come to love is Baby Metal who have a new album due out in October Oddly the vinyl is cheaper than the CD on Amazon so.....

Here's a snippet of the girls with Elevator girl:



Official website: www.babymetal.com

Then there's the old school music scene. It's amazing how many of the bands I grew up with are still around in one form or another. I've just purchased a 45rpm single by Hawkwind. A rare event these days. I sort of miss the single, though chart music doesn't interest me much like it did in the seventies and even eighties when the 12" single was the fashion.



Hawkwind also have a new album out on October 25th, Their 32nd studio album in Hawkwind's 50 year history:

























Official website: www.hawkwind.com


No comments:

Post a Comment