Saturday 7 September 2019

Fifty years of...Black Sabbath and Monty Python!



















Two of my all time favourites hit their 50th Anniversaries this year, The band Black Sabbath and the comedy show Monty Python. Both of them were huge influences on my musical and comedy tastes both then and to this day.

First up is Black Sabbath who I discovered through a friends older brothers music collection (when he wasn't around to catch us playing his records. The first album of theirs I picked up was Black Sabbath IV and never looked back. Along with Deep Purple, Hawkwind, Family, Argent and others these were the sounds that I never stopped listening to.

Since I'm reliving my childhood/adolescent years as I enter the second year of my retirement I just can't believe it's been 50 years. Gosh I'm an old git!  I even have a Black Sabbath badge on the jacket I'm wearing at the moment.

Here's a little something from their album Master Of Reality:



Official Website: www.blacksabbath.com

And now for something completely different...as they used to say!

It's Monty Python's Flying Circus, one of the greats of British comedy that we all imitated at school from the Ministry of silly Walks to Mr Gumby, handkerchiefs tied over our heads much to the chagrin of our teachers.

Did we care? Nah!



No comments:

Post a Comment