Wednesday 29 April 2020

The Monkees - Live: The Mike & Mickey Show!




The Monkees were one of the more memorable bands that came out of the Beatle influenced pop of the sixties. First appearing in the eponymous TV series of their own the foursome Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones, Peter Tork and Mike Nesmith.



The Monkees had a whole string of hits including Last Train to Clarksville their first single and number hit which is featured in this live performance from the two surviving band members.  There are a total of 25 tracks n this album which has much more of a country influence than many will expect as Mike Nesbit has had a successful solo career in the Country vein.

I only came across this by accident when doing a week of Monkees songs on my Facebook page and I'm glad I did as whilst not quite the band I remember from my childhood is great fun to listen to. If you want the original songs there's plenty of "greatest hits" compilations out there but this one comes recommended.



Official website: www.monkees.com

No comments:

Post a Comment