Monday 4 September 2017

It's a strange old world



The first thing I saw on the telly this morning was a debate over the decision of John Lewis to market their children's clothes as "gender neutral". In other words a dress will now be marked "for girls and boys".

Right.....

Unsurprisingly a poll of viewers showed 85% opposed this move.

Then I purchased my copy of The Times whose headline declared:

US threat to attack Kim after bomb test.

It didn't quite send a shiver down my spine but was a worrying development. I recall my parents telling me that during the Cuban Missile Crisis they went to bed one night wondering if they would wake up in the morning.

One wag wrote to the paper helpfully reminding us that:

The distance between Pyongyang and Los Angeles is 5,934 miles, The distance from Pyongyang and London is 5,379 miles.

Food for thought? At least shut Boris up for five minutes!

But still at this time of crisis we can rely on the Royal Family for some good news. Kate is up the duff again. Another Prince for the realm!

Marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment