Monday 18 February 2019

Support The Independent Group!

The Independent Group Logo.png


The Mail speculated last night that a group of MP's were about to break from Labour and when I posted the story on Facebook most people immediately dismissed it. There was I agree some speculation that went too far but it felt right. Perhaps because that's what I've been waiting for,

This morning I woke to see Luciana Berger & Mike Gapes speaking on the news along with 5 other Labour MP's explaining why they left. It finally brought a smile to my face as politics in this country has become so broken, so divided. There was and is for now a ray of hope.

Lots of people have been quitting the Labour Party and the interest in their website (purchased two weeks ago!) and arguments have broken out all over social media. Lots of support, some fence sitting opposition and the baying of the Corbynistas who think we're all Tories anyway. I have already been kicked out of one of the last Labour Facebook groups I belonged to and remain in just the one.

I think promoting the new group was the reason but there are so many showing interest and they have published a set of values with which I fully agree that the time has come for me to stop just commentating and get stuck in.

This blog will now support The Independent Group and I have already signed up for their e-mail list and volunteered to help:

For further info please go to: www.theindependent.group

No comments:

Post a Comment