Monday 1 July 2019

Blogging not going to plan?

When I retired I always imagined I'd be busy blogging everyday on both this and my comics blog. Mind you I also thought I'd be doing other things that I never seemed to have the time to do whilst working including watching films during the day both on TV and at the cinema.  Things haven't gone to plan as I retired early due to serious illness which has left me unable to do certain things like sit through a film in the local multiplex.

That coupled with the state of British politics has left me bored shitless with what's happening in the UK.  The thought of Boris or Corbyn running this country fills me with dread. Neither are suitable let alone capable of steering us through Brexit.  The political parties have failed.

I devote more time to listening to music and developing new culinary skills with Indian, Chinese and Middle Eastern recipe books. I've even got lazy with reading. I have a pile of books and a pile of comics and annuals to read which means I have to think about reorganising myself a wee bit.

Trouble is I have this habit of dozing off in the armchair no matter what the time of day. It takes me ages to listen to my Doctor Who audio adventures as a result. In fact I already feel like a nap and both the cat and the missus will need feeding soon......

Still there was Glastonbury on TV not that I liked a lot of it. The modern British music scene is dire in my opinion which is why I listen to Planet Rock and Radio Caroline for good tunes..from the past though some new album music does get played.

I cannot see the attraction of the fake "radical" Stormzy or his music. Even The Charlatans a band I do like let us down with a dire performance though I was impressed with Jeff Goldblum's jazz  band. Then of course there was the pop Princess herself, Kylie Minogue whose set made up for so much crap all weekend.

One band that appeared and I sadly missed was Baby Metal from Japan. Big fan me. The Japanese music scene is actually quite vibrant and regular readers will have noticed I do post more than a few videos of Japanese artists. Today is no exception, so whilst I get my thinking cap back on to blog a bit more here's a new song from the girls.....



No comments:

Post a Comment