Friday 28 June 2019

Weekending..

It's not often I feel sorry for cyclists. I generally see them as a pain in the neck but when one was lumbered with a legal bill for nigh on a hundred grand for knocking into a woman who crossed the road without looking staring at her mobile phone (another of my pet hates) I did think that was wrong.  People are raising money for him, most of which goes in legal fees to the bloody lawyers rather than the so-called "victim" who just wanted to fix her teeth.

Frankly cyclists and zombies walking down the street staring into their phones oblivious to the world around them are two modern menaces which I have noticed even more since becoming disabled. Cyclists on the pavement and jumping traffic lights should be fined. They are road not pavement users. They don't seem to think the Highway Code applies to them.

I actually find car users far more helpful when trying to cross the road especially if there isn't a zebra crossing in sight. More than a few will stop and allow me to cross safely. Cyclists still blitz passed, one nearly knocked me over. Other than calling him/her a cunt there was little else I could do. Time to give these bastards some form of number plate so we can report them.

Mobile users are less of a problem though when they have headphones it is often necessary to ask them to move especially when I'm on the bus. Why do people insist on standing around the bloody door especially when there's plenty of seats. I have learned the hard way that using a four-wheel walker means avoiding the rush hour is better for me . Less people about. Better to shop and use banks whilst people are at work.

Meanwhile there remains a blank spot in my now totally free mornings. No Jeremy Kyle to watch. I know why it was taken off the air, sadly someone committed suicide but I can't help but feel a certain hypocrisy as Love Island (which I've never seen) continues despite two suicides. Given the tiny number of participants who have appeared on Love Island that's quite a high percentage compared to one out of the twenty thousand who have appeared on Jeremy Kyle's show.

Don't get me wrong it's sad anyone feels they have to kill themselves but there seems to be a certain hypocrisy in all this. Lots of people have condemned the Jeremy Kyle Show for being what it is. Most of them middle class snobs who like to control what us proles watch on daytime TV.

There's much less concern about those good looking people parading around mostly naked on a tropical island than the unwashed ill educated lumpen-proletarians with rotten teeth who spend twenty minutes on a stage shouting at each other.

Morality? Whose morality are we talking about? Everyone has their own moral standards. I wouldn't ban either programme, though would enforce strong aftercare on the participants of both shows.

As for the validity of "lie detectors" these are well known to not always be accurate but don't seem to have failed often on Jeremy's watch. Usually the culprits fess up anyway as if we didn't know they were lying in the first place.

And at the end off the day no one is forced to go on either of these shows and whilst I can see the attraction of Love Island which could lead to earning lots of dosh I have always failed to see why people want to air their very dirty laundry on TV at 9:30 in the morning. Still it's a free country.

And finally....some "new" music, at least it's from a new album by Ena Fujita, a gravure model. horror movie actress and singer song writer. This number is actually the theme tune to  Japanese TV series Arita Generation. Sadly her album, Iromono is only available in the UK in digital format. Her previous "mini album" Bikini Riot (which I do have) is still available check out JPU Records who distribute a number of Japanese bands in the UK including Scandal, Lovebites, Aldious and Ladybaby.

Note: It's blocked here so click on the link they provide to watch on You Tube. 



No comments:

Post a Comment