An appeal by Eric Lee of Trade Unions Linking Israel & Palestine
In some countries, and in some unions, it's become commonplace to talk about"Israeli apartheid" and to call for unions to break ties with Israeli trade unions.
Some Israel-haters go so far as to say that there are no real unions in Israel.
The reality is that Israeli workers -- Jewish and Arab -- are involved every day in the same kinds of struggles as trade unionists everywhere else in the world. Their unions are often on the front lines of the fight for social justice, equality and peace.
Please help me spread the word about what's really happening in Israel and Palestine.
Share this message with your fellow union members. Encourage them to get onto our mailing list here: http://www.tuliponline.org/?
Here are some news stories from the last two weeks that we reported on the TULIP website:
- Union representing Jewish and Arab workers, mostly women, signs first-ever collective bargaining agreement in Nazareth
- Big win for cleaners as Histadrut signs agreement to extend public sector conditions to private companies
- International Transport Workers Federation votes unanimously to support Israeli port workers
- Short video about attempt to unionize by Palestinian workers at Israeli-owned factory in the West Bank
- General strike averted – for now – as Netanyahu talks to Histadrut