Sunday 27 September 2020

Slade on a Sunday




One of the biggest bands of the seventies and into the early eighties was the "glam rock" band Slade. Despite my preference for the prg Rock scene there were some mainstream acts that caught my attention as a schoolboy developing a taste in music and Slade was very central to the music scene in my schooldays and beyond.

The band have released another "Greatest Hits" collection featuring some 43 singles alongside a vinyl edition with just 25 of these. Sadly from my point of view this is not arecord I'll be buying this time round as fifteen years ago I purchased The Very best of Slade which feares most of the tracks in this collection and is still available at half the price. 





















If I were better off I'd be tempted to grab the vinyl version for old times sake as I prefer the format  despite the fact it far less on it. But there are only 4 extra songs in this collection so I'll personally pass but if you don't have a Slade compilation in your collection this is probably the one you should go for.

Noddy Holder was on TV this mrnng and asked to name his favourite which is Far Far Away and is not the "shouty" type of song so many people remember the band for.

Fun fact: Noddy Holder was offered the vocalists place in AC?DC back in the day but turned it down because he didn't want to desert the boys. Loyalty is such a rare commidity these days. Good on you Noddy!




Official Website: slade.uk.com

Fan Club: sladefanclub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment