Wednesday 2 September 2020

Unison: Vote Christina McAnea for General Secretary



 





I am standing to be UNISON's next General Secretary because I have the experience, proven track record and vision to lead our union in partnership with our members and activists.

I am UNISON’s Assistant General Secretary for Bargaining, Negotiations and Equalities, and I have been fighting for the trade union movement nearly all my adult working life. I am committed and passionate about delivering fairness and justice for all our members.

As a national negotiator for over 25 years, across every sector in UNISON, and now one of the most senior women trade union negotiators in the country, I have stood up to Governments and led national disputes to fight for our members pay, pensions and conditions.

I led UNISON’s response to covid-19, demanding PPE, support and action for groups disproportionately affected including, black, disabled and low-paid workers. At every turn, I have worked with branches and regions to support members.

We need a modern, organising union fit for the future

  • UNISON’s strength is in our branches and the fight ahead will be led by our UNISON reps. I will take bold decisions to direct resources and funding to branches to support and represent every member. I will put Local Organisers where they are needed. Regions will be funded to respond to the challenges from devolved governments in English regions as well as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. I will kick-start the immediate development of a modern and coherent organising strategy, fit for a digital era, with priorities agreed across our democracy in UNISON.
  • In a world where workers are becoming more isolated, I will ensure no member is left alone. UNISON will be there for you. To secure our members’ futures, I will establish a new National UNISON College offering education and training.
  • I launched UNISON’s Care After Covid campaign and I am calling for a National Social Care Service that provides cradle to grave care and gives care workers professional recognition and respect, pay, sick pay, training and career opportunities. Organising this workforce will be a top priority.
  • Together with our self-organised groups we will lead the fight to dismantle the injustice of all racism and discrimination. We will push for legislation to close all discriminatory pay gaps.
  • I will use the collective strength of our 1 million women to be the voice for women’s rights across this country and around the world. We will demand recognition for the value of work that women do.
You can trust in my experience and ability, to lead in partnership with you, to deliver for all our members and fight for our future in UNISON.








No comments:

Post a Comment