Saturday 8 September 2018

Who Let the Dogs out?

I was reminded of this song after hearing Chuka Umunna on Jeremy Corbyn to "call his dogs off" as four moderate Labour MPs have now had motions of "no-confidence" foisted on them by the left-wing rabble who have invaded the Labour Party.

To be honest the various moderates should have been aware this was coming and been better prepared. The problem is many moderates have hoped this will all blow over or they will survive somehow and kept their heads down instead of organising.

This is the trouble with moderates in general. They don't and sometimes just won't be organised.

I have experience of this in the PCS union where the "moderates" were organised in the 4themembers group.  I was National Secretary for most of its existence and sent out weekly e-mail 4TM Notes & Updates, a regular Internal Bulletin called 4Discussion and later 4Decision with proposals for voting.

There were people who would do things but I got a bit aggravated by people saying I should do this or that. No chance of them pulling their fingers out! Any attempt to organise moderates both inside and eventually outside the Labour Party will probably face many of the same problems.

The moderate MPs are not prepared in any shape or form which is why they are getting caught out. There should be a fallback plan to regroup outside formal party structures at the very least before the next general election.

I am one of those who favour a new political party. I would be prepared to be active as far as my own personal health will allow me and hope others will join up in their thousands as that's the numbers who have already quit Labour. They must be won back to active politics before it is too late.

Oh and before I go here's that song:

1 comment:

  1. Will it happen they have to get over. brexit, and have liked candidates who weren't too keen on blAir air,and appeal to the working class

    ReplyDelete